.uNop::
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome PageLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Navigation
:::Home Page
:::Forums
:::Roster
:::Ranks & Medals
:::Scrims
:::Ban List
:::X-Fire Page
:::Steam Page
:::Rules
-----------------------
:::X-fire
:::Steam
:::TeamSpeak

Top posters
y0da (2932)
kicked for camping Icon_voting_barkicked for camping Icon_voting_barkicked for camping Icon_voting_bar 
a baby (1522)
kicked for camping Icon_voting_barkicked for camping Icon_voting_barkicked for camping Icon_voting_bar 
Sn3aky (1495)
Dragon (1425)
Spitfire (937)
Dark (879)
SilK (873)
charliebrown (845)
Redeye (823)
coke (700)
Donate
Support .uNop:: and donate today!

Total Donated since 2008: $500.02

Current Balance: $84.68
Amount to go: $0.00

--------------------------

-------------------------
-Donations-
Seib - $149.00
Dragon - $130.62
GiveMeYourPie - $56.95
a baby - $40.00
y0da - $37.00
Andrej - $21.52
Achilles - $20.00
Zohan - $15.00
Spectre - $10.97
Fox - $9.41
impY - $9.55
Sniperkitten - $5.00

kicked for camping

Go down 
+5
Sal
y0da
SilK
Tayoshi
Dragon
9 posters
AuthorMessage
none

kicked for camping Empty
PostSubject: kicked for camping   kicked for camping Icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2008 10:00 am

I understand you want target practice on your servers. but the no camping rule should be thrown out the window I've seen in real combat where sitting still for more than 20 seconds isn't all that bad. yoda gets to sit on a 2nd floor and snipe all day, yet not camping. is camping only pertain to players on the ground floors? Dragon you had to know that was a bullshit kick.
Back to top Go down
Dragon
Advisor
Advisor
Dragon

Number of posts : 1425

kicked for camping Empty
PostSubject: Re: kicked for camping   kicked for camping Icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2008 10:50 am

First of all, I don't know who you are or the details of what happened.
Second of all, camping and sniping are very different. Sniping should not be in the same spot for too long (that's just logical) and need to have a sniper rifle. Camping is sitting in one spot for an extraneous amount of time, and sitting there with a sniper rifle doesn't cut it. Simple rule of our server is, pretend you're really there. Are you going to just sit in one spot for half an hour and pray to god a grenade doesn't drop in front of you or the building you're gets captured by an enemy? And as for sniping, don't sit in one spot for too long. I'm a sniper, I know the temptation to stay in a good spot, but eventually it won't be a good spot and they will find you. So take your shots and move along.

In addition, we usually warn before we kick, so that's your opportunity to tell us your side of the story, without cussing us out, "yelling", etc. Explain yourself; we aren't omnipresent, maybe you had an issue and you had leave your comp in a hurry, maybe your computer crapped out on you... the list goes on and on. We also always kick before we ban, unless the offender has been racist (etc) or is hacking. So you can come back and let us know what happened if we didn't warn.
Back to top Go down
Tayoshi
MGEN
MGEN
Tayoshi

Number of posts : 503

kicked for camping Empty
PostSubject: Re: kicked for camping   kicked for camping Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 2:45 am

In all reality. I'm confused.
He says we want target practice.
But...Target practice would be campers...It makes no sense.
Back to top Go down
SilK
UNOP
UNOP
SilK

Number of posts : 873
Origin ID : Si1K

kicked for camping Empty
PostSubject: Re: kicked for camping   kicked for camping Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 3:49 pm

yeah, the dud lost me by 'you want target'
Back to top Go down

kicked for camping Empty
PostSubject: Re: kicked for camping   kicked for camping Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 9:13 pm

10 or 20 seconds I do not see a problem with, reloading, cooling off, scratching your ass, whatever. But if you were kicked for camping I am thinking it was over 30, maybe even 60 seconds. That's the only amount, ballpark, I've ever seen someone kicked for.

Just my 2 cents.
Back to top Go down
y0da
GoA
GoA
y0da

Number of posts : 2932
Origin ID : they0da

kicked for camping Empty
PostSubject: Re: kicked for camping   kicked for camping Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 8:14 pm

lol well ummm Mr.None.
I find it hilarious that you find me guilty of a "camping charge while using a sniper rifle."
I probably have gotten 2000 sniper kills out of my 35429 kills. I also don't camp, I'm constantly moving from floor 1 to floor 2 to floor 3. And i am constantly changing directions. And another thing, how can we even consider you as a witness or that your "opinion" is of great importance due to the fact that you have not proven one detail and you have not stated your name.
Back to top Go down
http://www.unop.co.nr

kicked for camping Empty
PostSubject: Re: kicked for camping   kicked for camping Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 9:24 pm

y0da wrote:
lol well ummm Mr.None.
I find it hilarious that you find me guilty of a "camping charge while using a sniper rifle."
I probably have gotten 2000 sniper kills out of my 35429 kills. I also don't camp, I'm constantly moving from floor 1 to floor 2 to floor 3. And i am constantly changing directions. And another thing, how can we even consider you as a witness or that your "opinion" is of great importance due to the fact that you have not proven one detail and you have not stated your name.

I am not kissing ass, but I have never seen y0da pulling crap. Until their butts pay for their own server they have to get used to the fact that most of the others have rules, standards. Heck I recently gave, you I think y0da, 2 names of guys bad mouthing the rules, server, and your name even came up at one point.

"Kids today, no respect I tell ya, no respect." -Rodney Dangerfield. RIP.
Back to top Go down
Sal
Ally
Ally

Number of posts : 8

kicked for camping Empty
PostSubject: Re: kicked for camping   kicked for camping Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 10:10 pm

leaf
Back to top Go down
charliebrown
Member Sgt
Member Sgt
charliebrown

Number of posts : 845

kicked for camping Empty
PostSubject: Re: kicked for camping   kicked for camping Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 1:04 pm

y0da wrote:
lol well ummm Mr.None.

Mr. None Got BARREL ROLLED.

Yoda, I give you a cookie.
Back to top Go down
Grim
SSGT
SSGT
Grim

Number of posts : 84

kicked for camping Empty
PostSubject: Re: kicked for camping   kicked for camping Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 2:42 pm

Lol first thing I thougth was...Dragon is supposed to remember this....how again? no name and he expects ppl to know what situation he's talking about...
Back to top Go down
Devious

kicked for camping Empty
PostSubject: Re: kicked for camping   kicked for camping Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 3:08 pm

Quote :
In addition, we usually warn before we kick

That is total and utter bullshit. I just had the experience of playing in your server, and got no warning about being kicked for camping. I'm sorry, I didn't realize constantly running around between point A to point B and back and around buildings was "camping". So I get kicked, come back in and got told I was camping, which I'm pretty sure I wasn't as I was never in the same spot for more than 2 seconds, however I do recall seeing teammates camping on top of buildings, so whatever. I'd like to know where you get your logic from.

FYI, a sniper is supposed to remain in one spot, and never move. A sniper is trained to stay in the same spot for extended periods of time (this is real life I'm talking about, not some game). A sniper is left in one spot for about a week, where he has to sit that entire week and not move, he has to piss and shit himself as that is what being a sniper is, if you move, you're going to be spotted and get shot. Simple as that.

As for the whole target practice, shooting a camper is easy as it is not a moving target, however shooting a moving target would be better as target practice.

Also, I'm sorry for raping your faces on Ambush not even 5 minutes ago, before you perm banned me. Peace

Devious
Back to top Go down
Dark
Ally
Ally
Dark

Number of posts : 879

kicked for camping Empty
PostSubject: Re: kicked for camping   kicked for camping Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 4:20 pm

Ok....whoever kicked you should have warned you but...

dont use real life examples for a game. I do agree however that if you snipe..you can stay in one spot. Sniping is an exception (as far as i know) in the server and i think all admins know that.

That target practice thing is different because campers usually hide behind a wall or someplace where you cant see them until you get right in their face and by that time theyll just shoot you. Thats not really target practice.

IF you want to be unbanned you can ask, but by the looks of it im guessing you dont.
Back to top Go down
y0da
GoA
GoA
y0da

kicked for camping Empty
PostSubject: Re: kicked for camping   kicked for camping Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 6:09 pm

~GIGGLE PIE~

Last edited by y0da on Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:12 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Devious

kicked for camping Empty
PostSubject: Re: kicked for camping   kicked for camping Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 8:42 pm

Actually, no it did not. You might be confusing me with the other idiot that was in there complaining and whining the entire game, I however was sticking to myself, kept quiet and played the game.

This is actually how it went down, since you clearly picked me out of the crowd of my team who were ALL camping, I however was not. I was moving back and forth in the middle, from the left side to the right side, and falling back behind the buildings, or on top of them. According to your rules, you're allowed to stay in the same spot for what? 30 seconds? Here's the funny thing, I was never in the same spot for more than 5 seconds. Check your logic.

I got kicked, yes, I wanted to continue to play because I was having a good time and enjoying myself. Then I get kicked out of no where (got no warning which stated you are supposed to get one), so I come back and get told to stop camping (when I most definatly was not). I clearly remember saying "I wasn't camping, don't kick me for stupid shit".

As for the sniper thing, in real life a sniper is usually a lot more covered and hidden than he would be in this game. A sniper isn't just going to lay on top of a roof and start picking shots. Razz

The reason I'm arguing about this is because I don't camp. I hate it with a passion. I take my shots, and move. I get antsy and bored if I'm sitting back camping.

I'd rather not keeping posting back and forth on your forums causing a ruckus, so feels free to add me to xfire if you'd like, because I'd like to clear things up a little. I hate being banned. Razz

xfire: devious00
Back to top Go down
a baby
Advisor
Advisor
a baby

Number of posts : 1522

kicked for camping Empty
PostSubject: Re: kicked for camping   kicked for camping Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 10:54 pm

Devious, we are very clear about our rules. We give people the chance, hell we stress our rules on our recruits and our members more often then our players. However, if we see a player constantly breaking the rules, then yah, we'll take actions. You were kicked, so what? That gives you a chance to comeback and say, "ok why was i kicked?" and explain your reasoning. Instead you comeback and you say, now this is as clear as i remember,"What the hell, you kick me because you think i'm hacking?'' Then dragon says"you were camping" and you reply "that was a bullshit kick" You were constantly whining about getting kicked (instead of explaining what happened). I think it's great that you came onto our forum to ask about the ban/kick. On the other hand you start saying, "You were just pissed cause i raped your faces in ambush." I mean seriously man, don't go there. Now there's a very small chance that you will be unbanned. And like dark said, " It doesn't seem like you want to be unbanned" he's right. I'm just glad you have decided to end it here.
Back to top Go down
y0da
GoA
GoA
y0da

kicked for camping Empty
PostSubject: Re: kicked for camping   kicked for camping Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 11:09 pm

a baby wrote:
Devious, we are very clear about our rules. We give people the chance, hell we stress our rules on our recruits and our members more often then our players. However, if we see a player constantly breaking the rules, then yah, we'll take actions. You were kicked, so what? That gives you a chance to comeback and say, "ok why was i kicked?" and explain your reasoning. Instead you comeback and you say, now this is as clear as i remember,"What the hell, you kick me because you think i'm hacking?'' Then dragon says"you were camping" and you reply "that was a bullshit kick" You were constantly whining about getting kicked (instead of explaining what happened). I think it's great that you came onto our forum to ask about the ban/kick. On the other hand you start saying, "You were just pissed cause i raped your faces in ambush." I mean seriously man, don't go there. Now there's a very small chance that you will be unbanned. And like dark said, " It doesn't seem like you want to be unbanned" he's right. I'm just glad you have decided to end it here.

[quote='Devious']I'd rather not keeping posting back and forth on
your forums causing a ruckus, so feels free to add me to xfire if you'd
like, because I'd like to clear things up a little. I hate being
banned.
Razz[/quote]

I talked it out with devious, he's kool. We were the dicks.... we really were and I didn't realize it. So I unbanned him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

kicked for camping Empty
PostSubject: Re: kicked for camping   kicked for camping Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

kicked for camping
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
.uNop:: :: Guest Section :: Comments-
Jump to: