.uNop::
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome PageLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Navigation
:::Home Page
:::Forums
:::Roster
:::Ranks & Medals
:::Scrims
:::Ban List
:::X-Fire Page
:::Steam Page
:::Rules
-----------------------
:::X-fire
:::Steam
:::TeamSpeak

Top posters
y0da (2932)
I'm starting the first post for this section. Icon_voting_barI'm starting the first post for this section. Icon_voting_barI'm starting the first post for this section. Icon_voting_bar 
a baby (1522)
I'm starting the first post for this section. Icon_voting_barI'm starting the first post for this section. Icon_voting_barI'm starting the first post for this section. Icon_voting_bar 
Sn3aky (1495)
Dragon (1425)
Spitfire (937)
Dark (879)
SilK (873)
charliebrown (845)
Redeye (823)
coke (700)
Donate
Support .uNop:: and donate today!

Total Donated since 2008: $500.02

Current Balance: $84.68
Amount to go: $0.00

--------------------------

-------------------------
-Donations-
Seib - $149.00
Dragon - $130.62
GiveMeYourPie - $56.95
a baby - $40.00
y0da - $37.00
Andrej - $21.52
Achilles - $20.00
Zohan - $15.00
Spectre - $10.97
Fox - $9.41
impY - $9.55
Sniperkitten - $5.00

I'm starting the first post for this section.

Go down 
+4
Insanity
Sn3aky
FIveseveN
a baby
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
a baby
Advisor
Advisor
a baby

Number of posts : 1522

I'm starting the first post for this section. Empty
PostSubject: I'm starting the first post for this section.   I'm starting the first post for this section. Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 11:55 am

COD Series basically sucks ass now. Just sayin'. They led a successful collection until it hit cod5.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I'm starting the first post for this section.   I'm starting the first post for this section. Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 12:39 pm

I know you guys probably hate black ops, but when you experience a problem with it, you can't just expect someone to magically fix it for you, you have to sit there and figure out what's up, took me like 5 days to get mine to work, lol.. It's a pretty decent game (id give it a 7/10) it isn't the worst cod there is (cod 3 was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay worse) I've lost faith in the cod series though, it's a game worth renting, but surely not buying... things i thought would be amazing got boring in a day or less (ballistic knife Sad r.i.p.)

You can't expect to much out of a yearly release :3 playing black ops made me realize how insanely awesome mw2 was Sad i miss it.
Back to top Go down
FIveseveN
Member Sgt
Member Sgt
FIveseveN

Number of posts : 147

PostSubject: Re: I'm starting the first post for this section.   I'm starting the first post for this section. Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 1:19 pm

Good thing i decided to upgrade my computer now. I can play black ops on full specs, no lag. It's fun owning the laggers on servers haha.
Back to top Go down
Sn3aky
Member Pvt
Member Pvt
Sn3aky

Number of posts : 1495
Origin ID : fallout17

PostSubject: Re: I'm starting the first post for this section.   I'm starting the first post for this section. Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 1:54 pm

Daikaiju wrote:
(cod 3 was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay worse)

You sir, just made my Shit list.
Back to top Go down
Insanity
Member Cpt
Member Cpt
Insanity

Number of posts : 499

PostSubject: Re: I'm starting the first post for this section.   I'm starting the first post for this section. Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 2:18 pm

boots, it's not just about someone expecting to fix it for us, it's them telling us they will within a few days and then waiting MONTHS to fix it. So in my opinion

FUCK YOU CALL OF DUTY
Back to top Go down
a baby
Advisor
Advisor
a baby

PostSubject: Re: I'm starting the first post for this section.   I'm starting the first post for this section. Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 2:30 pm

No honestly boots, I've been putting quite a bit of time into figuring out the problem, but nothing has yet come out of this works. I've come to face that Black Ops won't stop being its broken self for me. This is why I'm sticking to BC2 because it's a real game Smile 9.5/10.
Back to top Go down
y0da
GoA
GoA
y0da

Number of posts : 2932
Origin ID : they0da

PostSubject: Re: I'm starting the first post for this section.   I'm starting the first post for this section. Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 2:49 pm

I haven't been able to play black ops since release. It's been a month now. Fuck Call Of Duty.
Back to top Go down
http://www.unop.co.nr
a baby
Advisor
Advisor
a baby

PostSubject: Re: I'm starting the first post for this section.   I'm starting the first post for this section. Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 3:46 pm

We need a like button other than quoting, all in favor?
Back to top Go down
Sn3aky
Member Pvt
Member Pvt
Sn3aky

PostSubject: Re: I'm starting the first post for this section.   I'm starting the first post for this section. Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 4:24 pm

a baby wrote:
We need a like button other than quoting, all in favor?

[Like]
Back to top Go down
Dark
Ally
Ally
Dark

Number of posts : 879

PostSubject: Re: I'm starting the first post for this section.   I'm starting the first post for this section. Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 4:40 pm

Cod4 was amazing, cod2 was amazing, black ops is great, cod5 was good, mw2 sucked balls

But yes baby bfbc2 beats all but cod4 (theyre tied in my opinion for being the two best fps's ever)

And maybe you guys hate black ops cause you guys all play it on pc...same with the the way you guys all hated how mw2 had no dedicated servers.

But on console it is near perfect so it is a solid addition to the series, especially after mw2 threatened to destroy it (multiplayer wise)
Back to top Go down
FIveseveN
Member Sgt
Member Sgt
FIveseveN

PostSubject: Re: I'm starting the first post for this section.   I'm starting the first post for this section. Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 5:21 pm

a baby wrote:
No honestly boots, I've been putting quite a bit of time into figuring out the problem, but nothing has yet come out of this works. I've come to face that Black Ops won't stop being its broken self for me. This is why I'm sticking to BC2 because it's a real game Smile 9.5/10.

Apparently PCDev (the monkeys at the PC development, Treyarch) is released the motherload of patches for PC this week. Optimizations and includes stuff like /connect. Stuff is all on the twitter

If this doesn't fix all your problems, then I'd say they're pretty inept given a whole month to fix everything.

Dark wrote:
Cod4 was amazing, cod2 was amazing, black ops is great, cod5 was good, mw2 sucked balls (multiplayer wise)

Honestly, after a year of playing MW2 on I think I have grounds to say the game was good, but just the infrastructure was horrible. The gameplay in my opinion is one of the best in the series, aside from all the obviously annoying aspects like OMA tubing, G18 akimbo and such. The gunplay,sounds and effects are more fluid, and at least the guns were differentiated unlike Black Ops.

The gun damage output is pretty bleak. Example, the ak-47 and famas have the same recoil, and they kill in the same number. I'd argue the famas is better because of its higher ROF. Makes me miss stopping power these days. Alot of guns are pointless to use like the mac11, uzi and pm63.

Last edited by FIveseveN on Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
a baby
Advisor
Advisor
a baby

PostSubject: Re: I'm starting the first post for this section.   I'm starting the first post for this section. Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 5:38 pm

Yeah, I'll try some more patches before i completely give up. I'm might be looking at selling if a few patches don't work. So far I got the first patch, it did absolutely nothing for me lol... I was pissed. Campaign is still fun in black ops as well as zombies. It's odd, Zombies runs perfectly for me, no lag what-so-ever...
Back to top Go down
FIveseveN
Member Sgt
Member Sgt
FIveseveN

PostSubject: Re: I'm starting the first post for this section.   I'm starting the first post for this section. Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 5:45 pm

lol, the patch only made it work better through placebo I'd say on my older computer.

I lag like hell in zombies because the matchmaking sucks.
Back to top Go down
GiveMeYourPie
Member Cpt
Member Cpt
GiveMeYourPie

Number of posts : 314

PostSubject: Re: I'm starting the first post for this section.   I'm starting the first post for this section. Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 6:17 pm

i personally just love playing the single player mode in all call of duty's. I think they at least did good on that part. Still cant wait for mw3 xD (just for the continued story line)
Back to top Go down
y0da
GoA
GoA
y0da

PostSubject: Re: I'm starting the first post for this section.   I'm starting the first post for this section. Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 6:18 pm

Call Of Duty just needs to stop. They lost their credibility long ago. I also heard that the hit detection in black ops is horrendous on the PS3 and 360.
Back to top Go down
a baby
Advisor
Advisor
a baby

PostSubject: Re: I'm starting the first post for this section.   I'm starting the first post for this section. Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 6:31 pm

Dark wrote:
Cod4 was amazing, cod2 was amazing, black ops is great, cod5 was good, mw2 sucked balls (multiplayer wise)

"Honestly, after a year of playing MW2 on I think I have grounds to say the game was good, but just the infrastructure was horrible. The gameplay in my opinion is one of the best in the series, aside from all the obviously annoying aspects like OMA tubing, G18 akimbo and such. The gunplay,sounds and effects are more fluid, and at least the guns were differentiated unlike Black Ops.

The gun damage output is pretty bleak. Example, the ak-47 and famas have the same recoil, and they kill in the same number. I'd argue the famas is better because of its higher ROF. Makes me miss stopping power these days. Alot of guns are pointless to use like the mac11, uzi and pm63." [/quote]

*BTW all of that above this, came from Fiveseven's words
I'm going to have to agree with you here fiveseven. I did not dislike MW2, in fact, i still find myself playing it even today. You're right about the infrastructure being a bit off, but other than that, i find the multiplayer to be quite addicting. The campaign i very highly regarded with excellence. It was cinematic, and it also had some replay ability in my sense. On top of that, they did put in favor the true gamers for mw2, they added a lot for us and it was all perfectly made.
Back to top Go down
FIveseveN
Member Sgt
Member Sgt
FIveseveN

PostSubject: Re: I'm starting the first post for this section.   I'm starting the first post for this section. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 2:05 am

y0da wrote:
Call Of Duty just needs to stop. They lost their credibility long ago. I also heard that the hit detection in black ops is horrendous on the PS3 and 360.

By credibility, you mean their image rating in a good game? To end COD because of what's going on with Black Ops on PC would be absurd. Imagine we didn't get the holy grail of COD4 because of how truly shitty COD3 was.

Honestly, past all the stagnant feces that are the glitches, unbalances and just plain annoyances, MW2 and Black OPS are still solid FPS games. I can't see myself playing any other FPS. Perhaps I've been branded by activision and I'm purely biased, but COD seems to have the right formula of aesthetics and gameplay to me. Looks good, plays good, and I generate fun out of it.

I tried playing Battlefield, Counterstrike, Rainbow Six, Medal of Honor and even those crappy free to play FPS (they all suck.) Either the graphics or gameplay bothered me and I always ended back to COD. Even with my tolerance, I got tired of MW2 but I always seemed to come crawling back for more.

Granted, Treyarch did screw up the PC release hard and the monthly followup has been abysmal at best. Though i doubt they'll quit with the patches till it can finally shine like it was supposed to. But that's besides what I'm trying to get at.

We know the game is broken and unoptimized right now. Let's move on.
Back to top Go down
Spectre
Member Pvt
Member Pvt
Spectre

Number of posts : 123

PostSubject: Re: I'm starting the first post for this section.   I'm starting the first post for this section. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 2:17 am

Coming from a guy who is able to play Black Ops without technical issues.......

...it fucking sucks.

That is all.
Back to top Go down
FIveseveN
Member Sgt
Member Sgt
FIveseveN

PostSubject: Re: I'm starting the first post for this section.   I'm starting the first post for this section. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 3:06 am

Spectre wrote:
Coming from a guy who is able to play Black Ops without technical issues.......

...it fucking sucks.

That is all.
You're right, that would be a flaw in my opinion. I only upgraded like a week or two ago so I do know both sides. I had my core 2 duo at 100%, it was like strobe lights at a rave trying to play multiplayer and veteran campaign before hand.............

...It fucking sucked.

Bitch and whine; I'd love to say we all know the grim situation of Black Ops PC. I mean hell, how many times have we all read "Black Ops" followed shortly by "it fucking sucks", "COD is dead", "Treyarch=antichrist of COD" and so forth around the unop and steam forums?

I'm not trying to censor your opinions or trying to make out MW2/Black Ops to be the most perfect/superior to battlefield or such game ever, I'm just saying we get it already. Unless the ranting is a sort of support and grievance program to Black Ops rage, then by all means.

It's essentially been one month of constant bitching, save your moans for post-patch. If this next big patch doesn't fix everything, shit is gonna hit the fan around here that's for sure.

Back to top Go down
Sn3aky
Member Pvt
Member Pvt
Sn3aky

PostSubject: Re: I'm starting the first post for this section.   I'm starting the first post for this section. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 8:28 am

Is it just me, or does anyone else notice all of uNop is incredibly BIAS
Back to top Go down
y0da
GoA
GoA
y0da

PostSubject: Re: I'm starting the first post for this section.   I'm starting the first post for this section. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 12:55 pm

Sneaky if you have been reading this post you would see that there is really not one general bias going around.

Fiveseven, it is kinda hard for me to save my bitching for post-patch given that I have spent over $100 on a game I haven't been able to play (server included). FFS, I can't even get the damn rcon tool on steam to work.

My point is that CoD may be a very solid game, which I do agree with. But the amount of technical issues is just too much for me. I also thought that I was a CoD only player until BC2 came prancing around.

I also believe that CoD4 was the last great CoD game. WaW, mw2, and black ops have all had their flaws. WaW was the terrible map design and lack of balance, mw2 was the terrible matchmaking and the ridiculous ways in which everyone died, and black ops has a mess of technical issues.

Mw2 though did have it's kicks. I will say that I did enjoy the game, but not like CoD4 or BC2.

I guess the reason I am so anti-cod is that I have been disappointed by the past 3 CoD games.

And five, I am ready to bitch my little head off come post patch but iff my game works after this next patch I will run naked in the snow.
Back to top Go down
FIveseveN
Member Sgt
Member Sgt
FIveseveN

PostSubject: Re: I'm starting the first post for this section.   I'm starting the first post for this section. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 1:36 pm

y0da wrote:
And five, I am ready to bitch my little head off come post patch but iff my game works after this next patch I will run naked in the snow.

That's to be expected. The more recent Cods were great games but with retarded infrastructure to support it, and it's a shame. I was wondering why perfection wasn't possible, but we didn't even reach the subsistence point.

Perhaps I'm a hopeless optimist or as an intrigued A Baby would say, I don't get mad over anything. Granted, my upgraded system is making the wait much easier lol

Though that doesn't mean I'm not going to bitch too post-patch, since playing Black Ops alone against laggy opponents and servers is pretty lackluster and feels just like those F2P FPS games. Let's just save the fireworks for the 4th of July per say lol.
Back to top Go down
Dark
Ally
Ally
Dark

Number of posts : 879

PostSubject: Re: I'm starting the first post for this section.   I'm starting the first post for this section. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 5:56 pm

y0da wrote:
I guess the reason I am so anti-cod is that I have been disappointed by the past 3 CoD games.

Thats because Cod4 was so revolutionary and near flawless...its gonna be almost impossible to top it
Back to top Go down
a baby
Advisor
Advisor
a baby

PostSubject: Re: I'm starting the first post for this section.   I'm starting the first post for this section. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 7:00 pm

Dark wrote:
y0da wrote:

Thats because Cod4 was so revolutionary and near flawless...its gonna be almost impossible to top it

Black Ops was supposed to be flawless, but as stated b4, obviously there is way more issues than they intended. Treyarch is putting much time and effort into fixing these many issues, and i respect them for it. It's a hell of a lot more than they did for us in MW2, yet Mw2 didn't have many issues (Systematically), although in the whole sense of things, MW2 wasn't structured in the most efficient ways for PC gaming. I guess my point here that I'm trying to make is that, Treyarch is putting tons of time into helping us, it's just that they really can't fix every little issue that pc gaming has. Let's just say, they really didn't come prepared. Hopefully they'll make up for it with the new arrival of the patches.

Edit: I just wanted to point at that, ik that Five has pretty much been trying to point at this same point and i have to agree wit him.
Back to top Go down
y0da
GoA
GoA
y0da

PostSubject: Re: I'm starting the first post for this section.   I'm starting the first post for this section. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 7:28 pm

That is the nice thing about treyarch. The do a lot of work post-release. Infinityward releases a game, releases a few map packs and gives the big "fuck off" to the community.

And to dark. The only way they could have topped CoD4 was to release the same damn thing with better graphics Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm starting the first post for this section.   I'm starting the first post for this section. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I'm starting the first post for this section.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
.uNop:: :: Games :: CoD Series-
Jump to: