.uNop::
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome PageLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Similar topics
    Navigation
    :::Home Page
    :::Forums
    :::Roster
    :::Ranks & Medals
    :::Scrims
    :::Ban List
    :::X-Fire Page
    :::Steam Page
    :::Rules
    -----------------------
    :::X-fire
    :::Steam
    :::TeamSpeak

Top posters
    y0da (2932)
    Connection Problems Icon_voting_barConnection Problems Icon_voting_barConnection Problems Icon_voting_bar 
    a baby (1522)
    Connection Problems Icon_voting_barConnection Problems Icon_voting_barConnection Problems Icon_voting_bar 
    Sn3aky (1495)
    Dragon (1425)
    Spitfire (937)
    Dark (879)
    SilK (873)
    charliebrown (845)
    Redeye (823)
    coke (700)
    Donate
    Support .uNop:: and donate today!

Total Donated since 2008: $500.02

Current Balance: $84.68
    Amount to go: $0.00

--------------------------

-------------------------
    -Donations-
    Seib - $149.00
    Dragon - $130.62
    GiveMeYourPie - $56.95
    a baby - $40.00
    y0da - $37.00
    Andrej - $21.52
    Achilles - $20.00
    Zohan - $15.00
    Spectre - $10.97
    Fox - $9.41
    impY - $9.55
    Sniperkitten - $5.00

Connection Problems

Go down 
    5 posters
    AuthorMessage
    Andrej
    SSGT
    SSGT
    Andrej

Number of posts : 72
    Origin ID : Thisisandrej

Connection Problems Empty
    PostSubject: Connection Problems   Connection Problems Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 12:15 am

This has been a long time occurring bug for me and Grandmasboy for some time now. It's been effecting us since CoD4 first came out and even in CoD5.

Okay, Grandmasboy (aka Brad) brings over his comp regularly and hooks up to our network because the he runs dial up or DSL at his house, and we use a high-speed bandwidth. Anyway, we both own our own copies of the game with their own CD key's right, no problem.

But for some reason when we both try to join the same server, there's like a 1 in 20 chance of both of us successfully being able to connect to it, and it's for all servers not just the uNop server.

What usually happens is lets say Brad is playing on a server and I put in the IP to join him. I go to the "Connecting...#" screen, and then on his comp he has "Connection Interrupted". Then after it ticks to 10 on my screen it says fail to connect, and on Brad's it says Server Disconnected.

I have no idea what could possibly be effecting our connection like this. (and before the latest patch, it would say connection interrupted when the other person would just refresh his server list. LMAO) If anyone can help me solve this problem I would greatly appreciate it it. This problem has plagued our game play for long enough. lol

...If this problem can't be fixed then when both of us need to be on, one of us might be screwed out of playing unless he's willing to play on his slower internet.
    Back to top Go down
    https://www.facebook.com/thisisandrej

PostSubject: Re: Connection Problems   Connection Problems Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 8:29 am

i would try getting another router or something, this way you have two distinctly different IP's
    Back to top Go down
    y0da
    GoA
    GoA
    y0da

Number of posts : 2932
    Origin ID : they0da

PostSubject: Re: Connection Problems   Connection Problems Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 1:20 pm

bert wrote:
    i would try getting another router or something, this way you have two distinctly different IP's

That's what I was going to suggest Connection Problems Icon_sad
    Back to top Go down
    http://www.unop.co.nr
    Andrej
    SSGT
    SSGT
    Andrej

PostSubject: Thanks   Connection Problems Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 2:12 pm

Okay thanks for the suggestion. Smile I'll try to get my hands on another router.

I'll let you guys know how it turns out.
    Back to top Go down
    Sn3aky
    Member Pvt
    Member Pvt
    Sn3aky

Number of posts : 1495
    Origin ID : fallout17

PostSubject: Re: Connection Problems   Connection Problems Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 9:00 pm

andrej wrote:
    This has been a long time occurring bug for me and Grandmasboy for some time now. It's been effecting us since CoD4 first came out and even in CoD5.

Okay, Grandmasboy (aka Brad) brings over his comp regularly and hooks up to our network because the he runs dial up or DSL at his house, and we use a high-speed bandwidth. Anyway, we both own our own copies of the game with their own CD key's right, no problem.

But for some reason when we both try to join the same server, there's like a 1 in 20 chance of both of us successfully being able to connect to it, and it's for all servers not just the uNop server.

What usually happens is lets say Brad is playing on a server and I put in the IP to join him. I go to the "Connecting...#" screen, and then on his comp he has "Connection Interrupted". Then after it ticks to 10 on my screen it says fail to connect, and on Brad's it says Server Disconnected.

I have no idea what could possibly be effecting our connection like this. (and before the latest patch, it would say connection interrupted when the other person would just refresh his server list. LMAO) If anyone can help me solve this problem I would greatly appreciate it it. This problem has plagued our game play for long enough. lol

...If this problem can't be fixed then when both of us need to be on, one of us might be screwed out of playing unless he's willing to play on his slower internet.

I suggest stopping the internet pron download ;)
    jk but yeah Since I really dont know you might listen to virus or yoda
    Back to top Go down
    Andrej
    SSGT
    SSGT
    Andrej

PostSubject: Re: Connection Problems   Connection Problems Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 11:55 pm

Well, I asked my dad if we had an extra router and also explained my situation to him. Well, he didn't like the idea. REALLY didn't like it. lol Apparently it fix the problem and create two different IP's that would mean setting up a whole new network.

I still don't know what would work and what won't. I almost want to say that the problem came from the CD keys. I don't know if it's possible, but on the computer I've been using to play, I switched changed the key before to Brad's key. (If you ever do that, remember to save your profiles somewhere because once you try playing it it resets the characters stats. Learned from experience.) That way I could play with one of my brothers on another computer. But it's been back to my original key for a while now. Do you think it's possible CoD thinks we might have the same key still? But wouldnt' that mean Punkbuster would kick us instead of timing out, right?

If this has been a problem since like CoD 2, and if it continues on to MW2 I'm going to be ticked. lol
    Back to top Go down
    Sn3aky
    Member Pvt
    Member Pvt
    Sn3aky

Number of posts : 1495
    Origin ID : fallout17

PostSubject: Re: Connection Problems   Connection Problems Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 6:25 am

Do you have Your internet routers tech support number
    Some of those guys aass holes
    The other really know what there doing
    Back to top Go down
    ..Virus..
    2LT
    2LT
    ..Virus..

Number of posts : 267

PostSubject: Re: Connection Problems   Connection Problems Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 5:26 pm

Tell your friend to connect to his dial up, open a browser page, and then start COD4 multi. shouold experience less lag.
    Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Connection Problems   Connection Problems Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 8:50 pm

andrej wrote:
    Well, I asked my dad if we had an extra router and also explained my situation to him. Well, he didn't like the idea. REALLY didn't like it. lol Apparently it fix the problem and create two different IP's that would mean setting up a whole new network.

I still don't know what would work and what won't. I almost want to say that the problem came from the CD keys. I don't know if it's possible, but on the computer I've been using to play, I switched changed the key before to Brad's key. (If you ever do that, remember to save your profiles somewhere because once you try playing it it resets the characters stats. Learned from experience.) That way I could play with one of my brothers on another computer. But it's been back to my original key for a while now. Do you think it's possible CoD thinks we might have the same key still? But wouldnt' that mean Punkbuster would kick us instead of timing out, right?

If this has been a problem since like CoD 2, and if it continues on to MW2 I'm going to be ticked. lol

if you get a second router you dont have to re-do the network, i do it all the time when i get my buddies over, i just plug it in and run the cables to theirs and bam done, and its defiantly a internet/network problem because you are timing out
    Back to top Go down
    Andrej
    SSGT
    SSGT
    Andrej

PostSubject: Re: Connection Problems   Connection Problems Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 11:06 am

Well last night when we played with different routers and it still wouldn't work. The only time it did work was right after restarting both computers and joining the server at the same time. Razz

If it is our router/internet that's the problem my dad will be in denial. For some reason, I always have to be wrong. :/
    Back to top Go down
    Dragon
    Advisor
    Advisor
    Dragon

Number of posts : 1425

PostSubject: Re: Connection Problems   Connection Problems Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 4:51 pm

Try introducing an organic substance with its structural integrity

(Original:

Scanner works! scanner wooooorrrkss!!
    how did you make it work?
    its very very technical and scientific, involving the introduction of organic substance interfacing with its structural integrity
    i whacked it really really hard
    )
    Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Connection Problems   Connection Problems Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 6:35 pm

check the IPS on both PC's if they are the same you need to use another router to change it, if it isnt then your SOL bc i cant help ya lol
    Back to top Go down
    Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Connection Problems   Connection Problems Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Connection Problems
    Page 1 of 1